Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- IUCN Red list of Threatened Species: is internationally regocnised as the most respected and robust inventory of global species conservation status. It provides a standard and repeatable method for assessing the extinction risk of a species and has been extraordinarily successful at drawing attention to biodiversity loss around the world.
- South Africa: National Development Plan (NDC)
- "The EWT is a leading, high-profile player in the arena of conservation. We identify the key factors threatening biodiversity and develop innovative methodologies and best practice guidelines to reduce these and promote harmonious co-existence and sustainable living for both people and wildlife."
- South Africa. Department: Environmental affairs: "Providing leadership in environmental management, conservation and protection towards sustainability for the benefit of South Africans and the global community."
- " WESSA is a South African environmental organisation with a mission to implement high impact environmental and conservation projects which promote public participation in caring for the Earth."
- World Wide Fund for Nature South Africa: "Our mission is to build a future in which people live in harmony with nature. From our experience as the world's leading independent conservation body, we know that the well-being of people, wildlife and the environment are closely linked. That's why we take an integrated approach to our work...."
Tips for Websearching
- Identify relevant keywords
- Choose the most relevant Search engine
- Get to know your Search engine
- Use the Advanced Search option
- Use double quotation marks (" ") for phrases
- Evaluate your results
- Prefered sites = .org/.edu/.ac/.gov